[Snort-devel] Thoughts on threads

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Fri Apr 6 14:40:35 EDT 2001

> like optimizing for the special case and that seems like a dubious idea.

If I read the docs right (never had any profiling done in my life :P), profiling
should show up how much CPU is currently being utilized by each part of snort during
the execution, IMHO it might help us to evaluate which pieces are bottle necks and such..
not very useful for threads pool case though (so my suggestion was abit biased, I guess, sorry) :)