[Snort-devel] Defeating the anti-IDS tools...

Todd Lewis tlewis at ...255...
Thu Apr 5 02:31:22 EDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 agetchel at ...358... wrote:

> Hi Todd,
> 	It would most definitely be optional, like most every feature in
> Snort; just another line to comment out in the config file if you don't want
> to use it.  Like I said in a previous e-mail, I'm not an expert programmer
> in this area, but it won't hurt to give it a shot.  It's sure nice knowing
> that some of the best in the business will be combing through it before it
> would possibly be included in the codebase, that's for sure. =)  I'll get on
> it, tomorrow night, after I read through that draft you sent me before I
> left on vacation... =D

Fair enough.  If you get me good comments on my new rule system, then
I'll definitely owe you enough code karma to merit reviewing whatever
you come up with.  8^)

--
Todd Lewis
tlewis at ...255...