[Snort-devel] Minor log tweak/patch.

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Tue Apr 3 15:48:42 EDT 2001

I thought about doing this a while ago (like 1.5 years ago) but scrapped
the idea because I didn't want to have to do any arg string parsing at
run time (performance performance, always performance).  I've actually
got experience writing code to do these sorts of things, I just haven't
gotten around to it.  I suppose that I should have just made it optional
for everyone...

     -Marty

Fyodor wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 03:13:26PM -0400, Todd Lewis wrote:
> > Ahh, calling my bluff, eh?  8^)  I don't actually know what formats
> > people would like or how to implement it; I was just spouting off.
> > Asking in snort-users would probably get you lots of requests.  As for
> > an implementation strategy, like I said, I've never been able to figure
> > out the v*printf family, so, uhh, good luck and stuff.
> >

> Heh.. all right, forwarded the mail to snort-devel, lets see if anyone gives any feedback. :)

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org