[Snort-devel] SNMP trap?

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Sun Sep 24 00:18:14 EDT 2000

You could write everything I know about SNMP coding on the head of a pin with
a magic marker, so short of me getting some free time to sit down and learn
it, it's low priority.  If you want to code it up, I'd love to add the
capability... :)

    -Marty

Erik Fichtner wrote:

> Anyone done or thought about doing snmp trap generation as one of the
> alert options?   (it makes smbalerts, why not snmp traps? :) )
>
> It'd certainly be easier to integrate into NMS systems that way.
>
> I've been thinking about doing it myself, but it's low on my priority list
> for time reasons, so maybe someone else will think it's a cool enough
> idea and beat me to writing it.  please? :)
>
> --
> Erik Fichtner
> Security Administrator, ServerVault, Inc.
> 703-333-5900

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org