[Snort-devel] spp_defrag.c 1.0b20

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...40...
Wed Sep 20 02:28:40 EDT 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Dragos Ruiu wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Christopher Cramer wrote:
> > This is what causes the screw up.  Adding 2 bytes of padding at p->eh
> > aligns things properly.  This may be why libpcap passes around two
> > pointers, one for pkth and one for pkt, instead of just pkth and assume we
> > know where pkt is.

> I'll add the pad and circulate ASAP

is Beta 20 the magic Solaris happy version?

Only you sparc enabled gentlemen can tell....  I just chaged the "magic" pad
factor to two.... I knew I was on the right track... just that four should
have been a 2:-)

I've removed some of the older klugey temporary variable bs
because theoretically it should no longer be necessary (famous last
words :-). If someone can successfully run this for one full day without a
crash I'll release it and give it a permanent home on kyx.net or somewhere
in preparation for V2.0.

Cross your toes,
--dr

--
Dragos Ruiu <dr at ...9...>  dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net