[Snort-devel] TCP_MSS redefined warnings

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Fri Sep 15 18:31:28 EDT 2000

Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff that needs to be brought into line with the
1.6.X code in the CVS tree.  As I've said before, I was a dumbass and screwed
up by not tagging and branching the CVS tree when I released 1.6....

    -Marty

Bill Marquette wrote:

> It looks like decode.h defines TCP_MSS, or in my case redefines it in my CVS
> checkout from 9/14 (I haven't checked out in a while).
>
> On Solaris 2.6 the following can be found in /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h
> /*
>  * Default maximum segment size for TCP.
>  * With an IP MSS of 576, this is 536,
>  * but 512 is probably more convenient.
>  */
> #ifdef  lint
> #define TCP_MSS 536
> #else
> #define TCP_MSS MIN(512, IP_MSS - sizeof (struct tcpiphdr))
> #endif
>
> I assume the #define in decode.h should be an #ifndef TCP_MSS ?
>
> --Bill

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org