[Snort-devel] Snort rules lint

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...40...
Mon Sep 4 16:45:41 EDT 2000

I've been looking at Zas' snort rules cleanup script from www.norz.org.

The first few versions blew up on FBSD because of some
perl version oddities (perl's typical achilles heel imho,
is that the o'reilly perl book with the pink or blue spine? :-)

But now after some tweaks it's ship shape and a pretty
nifty bit of work by him, I've tested it on a couple of platforms
and I think it should be added to the release, as I know
it's going to be a regular when I'm mucking about with
my snort rules, and I think it'll be of general use.

cheers,
--dr

--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
pgp fingerprint: 18C7 E37C 2F94 E251 F18E  B7DC 2B71 A73E D2E8 A56D