[Snort-devel] Interfaces

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Sat Sep 2 17:50:51 EDT 2000

~ :>
~ :>  what do you mean by that? we support ppp as well ;)
~ :>
~ :
~ :Sorry folks. The default interfaces seems to be the ethernet interface. The
~ :minute the eth0 was set into promiscous mode there was a log entry. A quick
~ :look through the code did not show ppp0 interface. However, the command line
~ :option does allow you to select the interface ppp0. *phew*
~ :
~ :

basically it's up to libpcap what interfaces to support. We support PPP,
SLIP datalink types (among many others), this should be enough.