[Snort-devel] Re: libsplay

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...40...
Tue Oct 17 15:41:23 EDT 2000

Hi... sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I was trying to wrap up some code for you last night,
but late in the day a couple of items (including a surprise
suspected DDOS client at a customer) popped up on
me and kept me busy until the wee hours.  I'll try to
wrap the code into a library form for you tonight.
If you use the versions from the defragger as a base
the library will drop in nicely.  Essentially, the only
addition will be the passing of a compare function
pointer (*compare_func()) to the splay and other
functions to deal with arbitrary tree node contents.

The library user may have to provide a couple of other
functions (potentially for free()'ing a node)  but none
that should affect your code now imho. I'll spend some
time on it and snort in general tonight.

cheers,
--dr

--
Dragos Ruiu <dr at ...9...>   dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net