[Snort-devel] Major problems with snprintf...

Vitaly McLain twistah at ...17...
Thu Oct 12 20:28:31 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Disclaimer: I know I'll get flamed for this. I am not a developer, so I
probably have no idea what I am talking about.

Anyway, I just remembered something: wasn't nmap having similiar problems?
There is an 'snprintf.c' that is included with nmap, and to my knowledge,
nmap compiles on most any platform (maybe not Tru64, but surely Solaris). It
looks as if snprintf.c is nmap's own hack/implemintation of snprintf(), so
maybe that could be adapted for snort? :)

Vitaly McLain
twistah at ...17...