[Snort-devel] Major problems with snprintf...

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Thu Oct 12 19:16:48 EDT 2000

The problem is that the native function isn't available on all platforms,
which is why we need to distribute it with Snort (like Solaris or Tru64).  Get
it? :)

    -Marty

Dragos Ruiu wrote:

> Can we maybe wrapper our sprintf with some ifdefs
> that calls the native function on that platform?
> The 64bit fun is just beginning...
>
> --dr
>
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> > Ok, while I understand that we want to get 1.7 shipped ASAP, I'm running into
> > some major problems on non-Linux/BSD platforms.  Specifically, the snprintf
> > function that we're now including doesn't build when building on Solaris 7
> > *and* Tru64, and calls to that function are scattered throughout the
> > spo_database and spo_xml plugins.  Jed, Fyodor, any thoughts on how we plan to
> > fix this? ;)
> >
> > Additionally, when trying to do "make distcheck" builds to setup for shipping
> > the beta releases, there are some conflicts between the files spec'd in
> > Makefile.am and the files that are actually included in the contrib
> > directory.  The snprintf.c file isn't mentioned anywhere in Makefile.am
> > either, and there's no provision for its inclusion in the configure.in script
> > currently.
> >
> > These are the things I've tracked down today while trying to do some testing
> > on the local LAN, there are probably a few more as well.
> >
> > Um, help? :)
> >

> --
> Dragos Ruiu <dr at ...9...>   dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
> gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org