[Snort-devel] Major problems with snprintf...

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Thu Oct 12 18:16:47 EDT 2000

Ok, while I understand that we want to get 1.7 shipped ASAP, I'm running into
some major problems on non-Linux/BSD platforms.  Specifically, the snprintf
function that we're now including doesn't build when building on Solaris 7
*and* Tru64, and calls to that function are scattered throughout the
spo_database and spo_xml plugins.  Jed, Fyodor, any thoughts on how we plan to
fix this? ;)

Additionally, when trying to do "make distcheck" builds to setup for shipping
the beta releases, there are some conflicts between the files spec'd in
Makefile.am and the files that are actually included in the contrib
directory.  The snprintf.c file isn't mentioned anywhere in Makefile.am
either, and there's no provision for its inclusion in the configure.in script
currently.

These are the things I've tracked down today while trying to do some testing
on the local LAN, there are probably a few more as well.

Um, help? :)

    -Marty

--
Martin Roesch