[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] --enable-smbalerts won't compile(fwd)

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Sat Oct 7 03:12:58 EDT 2000

~ :Other Linuces are moving to the modified struct as well.  Since we'll need to

:-) gee.. I smell a mark of Satan here :). Earlier days moving to
something that would cause incompatibilies with similar products was only
M$ prerogative :)

~ :have it in there for them, (and since we'll get a namespace collision if we
~ :just make 'struct timeval' with values we like) I don't really see the big
~ :difference.  We really don't use it in that many places... :)
~ :

Well, what I am concerned about is what if some distro eventually would
decide to modify internals of timeval structure which they use in pcap
header by adding extra files? As long as they would be using same member
names we should be fine with that if we would stick with `#define
TIMEVAL_TYPE' solution.. but hmm.. if they really want incompatibilities
they will change it too.. grr.. shall we start distributing
`libpcap-possibly-modified' with our code? :))