[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] --enable-smbalerts won't compile(fwd)

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Sat Oct 7 02:38:12 EDT 2000

Other Linuces are moving to the modified struct as well.  Since we'll need to
have it in there for them, (and since we'll get a namespace collision if we
just make 'struct timeval' with values we like) I don't really see the big
difference.  We really don't use it in that many places... :)

Fyodor wrote:

> ~ :I just made a 'struct snort_timeval' in plugbase.h the other day and I'm
> ~ :planning on moving everything that uses the 'timeval' struct over to it.
>
> Oh.. come on, not another datastructure please :-). What I would suggest
> is staying with timeval structure as much as we can and have a few
> `try_compile' rules in configure which would probe others if timeval
> doesn't work. As far as I know there's only single deviation (on
> redhat) with it, so I believe we could live with it.

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org