[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] --enable-smbalerts won't compile (fwd)

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Fri Oct 6 23:23:10 EDT 2000

I just made a 'struct snort_timeval' in plugbase.h the other day and I'm
planning on moving everything that uses the 'timeval' struct over to it.  Much
like with packet headers, timeval is now not 100% portable (thanks RedHat) and
so we've got to define our own structs....

     -Marty

Fyodor wrote:

> BTW, how do you guys normally fix this type of problem? :) I have seen
> that Patrick just defined his own type and used it instead which doesn't
> look good to me. In snortnet piece I used memcpy() to copy one struct into
> another along with typecasting which is ok for this kind of problem
> because both types are equal but just use different names. However the
> right way would be to let configure detect type used in libpcap and define
> TIMESTAMP_TYPE accordinly.. I have a few thoughts how to get it done in
> configure, if noone has a better suggestion to handle that, I can commit
> it tonight. Thoughts?

Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...
http://www.snort.org