[Snort-devel] $INTERFACE_ADDRESS Global variable

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Mon Oct 2 21:03:18 EDT 2000

I just committed support of `$INTERFACE_ADDRESS' global variable. Things
seem to work so testers are welcome. I have some question though:

would it be more convinient to have only one global variable
$INTERFACE_ADDRESS or maybe it would be better to initialize
`<interface_name>_ADDRESS variable? In latter case we will avoid hassles
in future when we would be able to support multiple interfaces
simultaneously, but with single name you avoid a hassle of going into
snort config file every time you want to change an interface, which you
will be running snort at..

 any thoughts?