[Snort-devel] Fwd: snortstart chroot

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Wed Nov 22 23:34:04 EST 2000

Snort has to be able to find it's rules libraries, which need to have their
paths statically set within the rules file.  For example, if you're going to
include /usr/local/snort/lib/web-lib in a Snort library file (like snort-lib)
and it's not in the same directory the Snort binary is in, you need to add the
explicit path to the "include" statement.

The real libs (like the libpq file) should stay where they belong, like
/usr/local/lib or /usr/local/pgsql/lib.

     -Marty

zas at ...114... wrote:

> Hi all,