[Snort-devel] Compile warnings on Solaris

Joe McAlerney joey at ...63...
Tue Nov 21 14:00:41 EST 2000

Someone in the discussion forums mentioned that his Solaris compile was
warning about the redefinition of TCP_MSS:

<snip>

I was compiling snort v. 1.6.3-patch2 under the Solaris26 operating
system, using GCC2.8.1, and I got the
 following warning messages as each module compiled:

decode.h:121: warning: `TCP_MSS' redefined
/usr/include/netinet/tcp.h:63: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -Wall
-DENABLE_RESPONSE
-DLIBNET_BIG_ENDIAN -c sp_tcp_ack_check.c
In file included from snort.h:65,
from sp_tcp_ack_check.h:23,
from sp_tcp_ack_check.c:20:

</snip>

It doesn't seem like a big issue since the TCP_MSS (TCP Maximum Segment
Size) is constant between operating systems.  Should the definition be
inside a #ifndef block?

-Joe M.

| Joe McAlerney, Silicon Defense |
| http://www.silicondefense.com/ |