[Snort-devel] Monday tweaks

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Mon Nov 20 12:05:08 EST 2000

Ok, I'm back finally back home.  Sending mail last week was a real hassle, so
I've got a big friggin pile of e-mail to respond to, so if you've sent me
something recently and I haven't gotten back to you, please appreciate that my
inbox is at 284 unread e-mails, mostly regarding Snort.

I just committed a patch to CVS that should fix the crash bugs people were
seeing in the checksum routines.  Basically, if the packet capture length was
less than the actual IP header length of the packet, bad things would happen
when the transport layer decoders were called. :)

I also fixed a problem with the stream reassembler attempting to free
unallocated memory last night, plus Fyodor fixed some pathing problems with
various output modules when things are chroot'd.

Have a look, let us know how it goes!

    -Marty

--
Martin Roesch