[Snort-devel] Today's updates

roesch roesch at ...48...
Sat Nov 18 19:03:01 EST 2000

Hi Guys,
     I worked on the IP list code some more today, it seems to be working better now under all "normal" configurations I have.  (this should fix the problem you indicated today Len)  If you've been playing with it and had problems, check out the latest.  I also cleaned up the TCP stream preprocessor a bit and changed its memory management to allocate buffers as indicated by the window size of the connections.  I also restated the TCP connection states with #define variables, cleaned up the new packet/log counters, and switched to calling it version 1.7-beta4. There are some other minor little tweaks in there as well.

Additionally, last night I redefined all of the "!$HOME_NET" variables in the rules files that ship with Snort to $EXTERNAL_NET.  This works better with the new IP parsing code, so please define your "!"'s *inside* of your vars from now on if you can. :)

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...