[Snort-devel] Fwd: snortstart chroot

zas at ...114... zas at ...114...
Thu Nov 16 12:01:34 EST 2000

Hi all,

	what do you think about this :

------ Forwarded message ------
      De: Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus at ...64...>
   Sujet: snortstart chroot
    Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:01:33 +0200 (EET)
    Pour: zas at ...114...

Hello,

I have snortstart 0.18. I installed it with
./snortstart -i ppp0 -d /usr/local/snort.
I can run it with command /usr/local/snort/snortstart
only if I have all libs which are in /usr/local/snort/lib
in usual places. For example, if I remove /usr/lib/libpq.so.2.1
snort does not start, although there is libpq.so.2.1 in
/usr/local/snort/lib. So if I understand correctly, snort
does not start chrooted? Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Nerijus