[Snort-devel] Module based snort.

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Mon Nov 6 01:00:19 EST 2000

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 09:17:24PM -0600, Michael Davis wrote:

> I remember a while back that Fyodor was talking about Snort
> Dynamically loadable modules. I was wondering what is going on with
> this?

I can make implementation of dlopen-based method to load dynamic modules
within a day or two, if Marty confirsm this change. I am abit concerned about
portability of this method though (and this was Marty's concern as well as far
as I remember)  but maybe implementing it 'ifdef'ed could be an option (and
possibly turning on or off from configure.

If everyone feels confident with this model, I think I can commit
basic code by the end of this week (FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris supported)
and then we could try to test it on thother platforms, good, not? :)

> think I can make a dlopen() et al wrapper for win32 so we can keep
> the same codebase.

yup. sounds good :-)

--
http://www.notlsd.net