[Snort-devel] spo_template.c

Joseph Nicholas Yarbrough nyarbrough at ...118...
Mon Dec 18 04:19:48 EST 2000

Hello all,

FYI: I am using Snort cvs 1.7 beta 5 (according to the README)
I was working on documented spo_template.c & spo_template.h files when I came
accross something I dont fully understand in plugbase.c. The two defines that
are set in plugbase.h (NT_OUTPUT_LOG & NT_OUTPUT_ALERT) that are passed as
the second argument for RegisterOutputPlugin(); are these registering which
type of signatures will trigger this spo code? (As in "log" vs. "alert"
signatures)

I'm sure I will have several questions as I am learning the snort code-base.
I can only hope I don't ask too many too terribly stupid questions.

Thanks!

-Nick