[Snort-devel] [ekr at ...168...: Re: format string in ssl dump]

Fyodor fygrave at ...1...
Sat Dec 16 00:29:02 EST 2000

good news :)
----- Forwarded message from Eric Rescorla <ekr at ...168...> -----

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr at ...168...>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:09:21 -0800
To: Fyodor <fygrave at ...1...>
Subject: Re: format string in ssl dump

> by the way, have you ever thinking of integrating ssldump into
> snort? :) or letting us doing so? :)
Well, ssldump is licensed under a BSD style license, so you're
perfectly free to do so.

That said, I've had a number of people ask me for a version
that would work with Ethereal so I'm thinking about trying to
modularize the decoder some so that it could be plugged into
arbitrary other programs. If you give me an idea of what
sort of an interface snort would need, I can take that into
account. This would let ssldump maintain a common code
base that could be used in a lot of differen environments.

-Ekr

----- End forwarded message -----

--
http://www.notlsd.net