[Snort-devel] beta 8

Chris Green cmg at ...81...
Wed Dec 13 11:51:19 EST 2000

There's still the problem I reported to Chris Cramer ( I'm not sure if
I reported both the Server and the CLient side to him though ).

 WARNING: TCP stream reassembler, Server Bytes in Buffer > Buffer Size
 (29232 > 25144)[!] WARNING: TCP stream reassembler, Server Bytes in
 Buffer > Buffer Size (68432 > 48416)[!] WARNING: TCP stream
 reassembler, Server Bytes in Buffer > Buffer Size (54960 > 48416)[!]
 WARNING: TCP stream reassembler, Client Bytes in Buffer > Buffer Size
 (23141 > 20672)[!] WARNING: TCP stream reassembler, Server Bytes in
 Buffer > Buffer Size (31811 > 25144)[!] WARNING: TCP stream
 reassembler, Server Bytes in Buffer > Buffer Size (41707 > 25144)[!]
 WARNING: TCP stream reassembler, Server Bytes in Buffer > Buffer Size
 (25323 > 25144)[!] WARNING: TCP stream reassembler, Server Bytes in
 Buffer > Buffer Size (35267 > 25144)

etc..

Fyodor <fygrave at ...1...> writes:

> :) uff.. let's try :-)
>
> Snort beta8 is available now, since beta7 some things (hoperfully :)) got fixed:
>
> * coredumps with spaces between ip addresses should be fixed.
> * brackets are reintroduced to keep !$VARIABLE piece clean.
> * command-line given variables now override the ones which are specified
> in rules files, but when numerous definitions are seen in a rule file, later
> will override former.
> * bidirectional mess hoperfully got sorted out (Thanks alot to Phil Wood for taking take
> of this part).
> * ICMP unreach code got remaked as well. :-) (Thanks abunch to the same person :-))
> * OpenBSD + --enable-frexresp compilation should be fixed..
> * null-pointers in some spo_* fixed.
> * spade plugin from silicondefense.com guys has been integrated.
> * probably other minor tweaks I can not remember right now.. :)
>
> Any playing around/testing and bugreports/coredumps/stack-traces would be appreciated mucho. :)
>
> problems which are still pending to be fixed:
>
> * tcp-stream reassembly problem on sparc.
> * hpux mess (with some libpcap errie on interface  - can not reproduce the problem, could
> the person who had it, mail to me offlist with hpux version and maybe hardware (NIC) specification..  just to
> see if it caused a problem.. :))
>
> happy testing :-)
>
> http://snort.sourceforge.net/snort-1.7-beta8.tar.gz (there's a link to this tarball at snort.sourceforge.net too)
>
> For developers:
> We talked with Marty today and thought it would be cool to have some sort of
> developers roundtable on irc one time per a week or something, to discuss
> problems, further devel., ask questions regarding each other code (if there are
> any)  etc. let's just make any appointement on certain weekday and time. (any time
> is fine for me, I can even wake up at 2am in the midnight for that.. :)) so lets see when
> other people have time for it. :) other interested parties are welcome of course. :)
>
> Cheers.
>
> -Fyodor
>
> --
> http://www.notlsd.net
> PGP fingerprint = 56DD 1511 DDDA 56D7 99C7  B288 5CE5 A713 0969 A4D1

Chris Green <cmg at ...81...>
Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
                - Doctor Who, "The Wheel in Space"