[Snort-devel] beta7 available

Martin Roesch roesch at ...48...
Sun Dec 3 12:24:04 EST 2000

OK, beta 7 is available on sourceforge CVS and via my website at
http://host22-107.prestige.net/snort-1.7-beta7.tar.gz.

There is one big change to it:

IP LISTS DO NOT USE "[" or "]" delimiters any more, just a straight comma
delimited (with no spaces) list of addresses will work.  For example:

var HOME_NET 10.1.1.0/24,192.168.1.0/24

alert tcp !$HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (flags: SF; msg: "SYN FIN scan!";)

Thanks to Phil Wood for this contribution.

Other than that, there have been a bunch of tweaks to the rules parsers and a
lot of strncpy()'s with associated strlen()'s have been fixed thanks to Paul
Herman.

Download it and give it a try, if we get a clean release we may be able to do
a general public beta release in the next few days.

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch
roesch at ...48...